The student resource area strives to support future educators working with children birth-8. and to support GAYC’s vision in which all young children have access to learning opportunities they need for healthy development, supported by early childhood educators who have the education, financial support, and the recognition of their community.
Guidance for Early Childhood Care & Education Careers
-Does the idea of having a professional career in the field of working with children excite you?
-How do you know if the field of early childhood education is really meant for you?
The following links present opportunities offered for students studying in the early childhood field and professional development tools offered by NAEYC:
- TEACH: Make a Difference
- Early Childhood Teacher
- NAEYC Professional Development
- Professional Development Registry
- A research-based professional development system that is available to all of Georgia’s early childhood educators to track their educational achievements, training and certification as they advance in their careers.
Choosing an Early Childhood Education Career Pathway
Graduating with a degree or certification to work with children? Take a look at these great tools to help set the right path for your future career.
- Advancing Careers-GAYC
- Walden University’s Degree Guide
for Early Childhood Careers
- NAEYC Career Center
- Educator Bridge
Financial Aid Resources
Searching for scholarships/financial aid can be a frustrating task! We’ve provided links for you to have access to available scholarships, financial aid, and information about incentives. These resources encourage early care and education (ECE) professionals to increase their level of education.
Conferences & Expos
If you’ve ever attended a conference for educators, then you know first hand how useful they can be in order to network, explore new ECE products, and gain valuable information on topics that best suit your needs. Here are some of the few that are offered and coming soon!
- GAPITC Conference Schedule
- Child Life Council Future Annual Conferences
- NAEYC Conferences
- GAYC Annual Conference & Expo
- Georgia Preschool Association Conferences
- Giggle Gab
- Early Childhood Teacher Blogs: Preschooler’s Cognitive Development, ECE Technology, First Day of Kindergarten
- Georgia Program For Infant and Toddler Care (GAPITC)
- Early Childhood Education Salary Ranges
- Find out what salary you could make with an associate, certificate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in early childhood education
-Implementing Georgia Early Learning Standards Click HERE
Articles that support Education Advancement
Become a student member of NAEYC, GAYC, & SECA today and receive:
- 20% discount on all NAEYC products in our catalog/online store, including books, videos, brochures, posters, and more
- The print publication package of your choice: five issues of Young Children or five issues of Teaching Young Children
- 10% percent tuition reduction and waived application fee for new students at Walden University. Learn more
- Access to the Members Only area of our website, which features exclusive digital benefits and content.
- Voting rights in NAEYC & GAYC elections to help shape the future of the early childhood profession.
- Reduced registration fees for NAEYC & GAYC sponsored conferences and training opportunities, including the world’s largest early education conference.
- And Much More!
“Being a Student Member of GAYC has helped me gain a more complete understanding of all the aspects of the child development field. By receiving the email updates and reminders I stay current with what opportunities are available to me like upcoming conferences and trainings . . . I also enjoy having the membership because I receive and have access to newsletters, articles, and stories that help me broaden my own “tool box” to use with the children and youth I work with in the field.”
-Emily Rogers, Child & Family Development Major, Georgia Southern University