Each year GAYC recognizes individuals and early childhood programs that have made a significant difference in the lives of children ages birth through third grade in the state of Georgia through our annual Quality Service Awards. The awards are divided into 14 categories to acknowledge all spheres of influence in early care and education. Potential recipients are nominated by others, and winners are selected by the GAYC Scholarships & Awards Committee. Winners in all categories are recognized at the Together for Children Annual Conference in September.
Nominations for Quality Service Awards are accepted in the spring of each year, and award winners are decided in early summer. The nominations form for 2017 will be available in the spring of 2017. Please note that GAYC staff and current GAYC board members are not eligible for GAYC awards. Previous award winners are not eligible to receive awards for the same category for 3 years.
Quality Service Awards are given in the following categories. Click on any category to see the criteria for nomination and a list of awardees for each category.
- Fan Brooke award
- Jo Cato Perseverance on Behalf of Children and Families award
- Pat Minish Advocacy Award
- Child Caregiver of the Year (separate awards for caregivers in a small center and a large center)
- Family Child Care Provider of the Year
- Certified Teacher of the Year
- Program of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Educator of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- ECE Trainer of the Year
- Early Interventionist of the Year
- Technical Assistance Specialist of the Year