Interested in becoming the Director of a child care center in Georgia? According to Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning, directors of all licensed childcare centers are required to take an approved 40-hour Director Training course. Join us in this interactive training course that meets this state requirement.
Upcoming training dates
- April 14-16 & 22 – 23, 2014 (Warner Robins, GA Central Georgia Technical College)
- June 23 – 27, 2014 (Lawrenceville, GA Hudgens Early Learning Center Gwinnett Tech)
To register for these trainings, download the Registration Flyer.
What you will receive at the training
- 40 hours of interactive training designed just for Child Care Center Directors
- Invaluable information and tips for Directors
- How to REALLY manage your time (not just another calendar and list)
- Firsthand look at quality child care in action (YES, a field trip)
- Legal know-how to demystify employment laws (Federal and State)
- Handbook formats (Employee and Parent)
- A guide to writing policies (a Director’s worst nightmare, NO MORE)
- An overview of BFTS Rules and Regulations (with new requirements)
- Marketing, missions, budgets, teambuilding, resources, networking and more!
- Fee includes “must have tools” for directors – a $100 value
- Administrator textbook from NAEYC
- GAYC’s The Book of Forms: A Resource Tool for Georgia’s Child Care Administrators by Elizabeth Powers and Pat Minish
- Director’s Workbook
Facilitator: Trudy Friar
With UGA Certification in Training and Human Resources, Trudy is GAYC’s CHOICE PRESENTER for this outstanding training. With over 25 years in the Early Care and Education field as a Director, Teacher and Trainer, Trudy knows the details and dilemmas Directors face every day. As one of Georgia’s favorite presenters, Trudy leads training workshops packed with humor, action, current information, and “tried and true” solutions to daily challenges.